Miss VU Rules

Miss Vincennes University Scholarship Pageant Rules

• Entrant agrees to abide by all rules of the local, state, and national Miss America Pageant now in effect or announced thereafter.
  • Entrant agrees that the time, manner, and method of judging shall be solely within the discretion of Vincennes University and that the decision of the judges will be final.
  • Entrant will compete in interview, swimsuit, evening wear, and talent competition.
  • Entrant must be a full-time female student at Vincennes University, enrolled on the Main Campus in Vincennes, Indiana.
  • Entrant must not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
  • Entrant may not be a former Miss Vincennes University.
  • Entrant must possess and display in a maximum of  90 seconds a  talent presentation.   This talent may be singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, dramatic reading, art display, creative poetry, etc.
  • Entrant may never have been married.
  • Entrant will have always been a female.
  • Entrant will be no older than 24 years of age on October 31 of the year in which she intends to compete in the National Finals of the Miss America Pageant (and, if for Local Pageant the entrant will be age 17 on the date of the first preliminary competition of the Miss Vincennes University Scholarship Pageant.
  • Entrant will be of good moral character and will never have been pregnant and is not now pregnant, and has not been involved at any time in any act of moral turpitude.
  • Entrant may never have been convicted of any crime and does not have any criminal charge pending.
  • Entrant may never have performed any act or engaged in any activity which is or could be characterized as dishonest, immoral, immodest, indecent or in bad taste.
  • Entrant is in reasonably good health, and can to the best of their knowledge, participate fully and without limitation in any Pageant activities and does hereby covenant to submit to the Pageant upon its request any hospital and medical records pertaining to me and I do hereby authorize any information pertaining to me to the Pageant at its request.  If applicable, I attach information supplying the following: “ I presently suffer from the following illness, syndrome/disability (insert description and treatment) and am/am not presently under treatment.  I do/do not expect to be on any type of medication and/or to require regular treatment during any portion of my year of service.”
  • Entrant is not under contract to any person, firm or corporation in respect to my present title, nor have I made any commitment s for the future.
  • Entrant has no legal obligations that would prevent my participation and appearance in the Finals of the Pageant or the National Finals of Miss America or compliance with the terms and conditions hereafter set forth.
  • Entrant is not an owner, employee or volunteer in any other state, local, national or international competition, including the preliminary competition of same, or of a similar nature to the Finals of the Miss America Pageant.
  • Entrant is not currently holding another title in the Miss America system.  I am not a contestant or a participant in any other local, state, national or international competition including the preliminary competition of a nature similar to the Finals of the Miss America Pageant: and I further attest that I have never been a State Finalist who competed in the National Finals of the Miss America Pageant.

The Miss Vincennes University Scholarship program utilizes the scoring system designed by the Miss America Organization for all Local Pageants. 

• Private Interview - 30%
  • Talent - 30%
  • Casual Wear 10%
  • Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit - 10%
  • Evening Wear - 10%
  • On-Stage Question - 10%