Welcome - Multicultural Student Affairs
Office of Student Life
Vigo Hall Room 184C Phone: 812-888-5886
Mon – Fri 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
VU Multicultural Organizations
VU offers a variety of Multicultural Organizations.
- Black Student Association (BSA)
- Black Males Initiative (BMI)
- Essence of Worship Gospel Choir (EOW)
- Latino Students Organization (LSA)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Today’s Black Women (TBW)
- VU Pride (LGBT)
- Asian Student Alliance (ASA)
Office of Multicultural Affairs
The Multicultural Affairs Department plays a significant role in the lives of our students to create meaningful learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. Our responsibility includes creating opportunities for students to conduct themselves with the highest standard of respect and responsibility towards other as well as themselves. This ability to step outside of one’s comfort zone while maintaining this type of interaction will yield real world results that will last a lifetime.
At VU, we believe that diversity contributes to academic excellence. Our commitment can be seen in our learning goals which includes:
- A cultural understanding that enables our VU graduates to understand the importance of global and cultural diversity within different disciplines
- An effective form of citizenship that will help our graduates to become effective global leaders of a changing and increasingly rapid interdependent world, and uphold the core values of the Student Creed that every VU student has pledged, which students learn civility through purposeful programming.
The Multicultural Affairs office reflects the Vincennes University mission to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. To this end, we encourage our students to engage with others who may have different backgrounds, cultures, values, and beliefs than their own.