Welcome to the Education Department at Vincennes University!
We are very excited that you are interested in the Education Program at VU and that you are considering becoming a teacher. Teachers truly can make a difference in the lives of children. Choosing teaching as a career is a powerful and very important decision.
Why Choose the Vincennes University Education Program?
The Education Program provides:
- Learning experiences that create highly effective teachers
- Innovative courses and research-based teaching strategies
- Small class sizes taught by experienced faculty
- An environment that emphasizes collaboration and student success
- Faculty who embrace professional dispositions including fairness and the belief that all students can learn
- Early and continuous hands-on classroom field experiences
- Nationally accredited programs (NCATE, ACEI, CEC)
- Affordable tuition
The Vision of the Education Program
United as a learning community, we challenge our students and ourselves to the ideals of learning, teaching, and serving. We envision a community of scholars who will learn with enthusiasm, teach with wisdom, and serve with commitment.
The goal of the faculty of the Vincennes University Education program is to give all teacher candidates the opportunity to learn in order to serve others in their communities.
The Specific Goals of the Education Program are to:
- Provide teacher candidates with the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to make content meaningful to all students
- Enable teacher candidates to connect research to practice when planning and implementing instruction and assessing student learning
- Facilitate teacher candidates’ ability to establish and maintain a positive, safe community of learners in their classrooms
- Prepare teacher candidates to use instructional and assistive technologies
- Encourage teacher candidates to be reflective in their practice
- Assist teacher candidates to develop positive interpersonal skills to enhance collaborative relationships
- Engage teacher candidates in service to the university, community, and professional organizations
- Provide to teacher candidates a program of study that is aligned with state and national standards
The members of the faculty of the Vincennes University Education Program are committed to preparing you to be the best teacher you can be. Please explore our website, and contact us with any further questions at 812-888-5127.
- 2015-16 Title II Report Card
- 2015 - 2016 Percentage of Program Completers Passing on First Attempt
- 2015 - 2016 Average Number of Times Taken Before Passing Score Attained
- 2015 - 2016 Average Scaled or Standard Scored of Program Completers
- 2014-15 Title II Report Card
- 2012-2013, 2013-214, 2014-15 Percentage of Program Completers Passing on First Attempt
- 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 Average Number of Times Taken Before Passing Score Attained
- 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 Average Scaled or Standard Scored of Program Completers