Write, Call, E-mail, or Chat with us!
Office of Admissions
1002 North First Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Toll Free: 800.742.9198
Next Steps After Admission
Welcome to the VU Family - Indiana’s First College Founded in 1801
If you haven’t already, come for a visit! Your individual visit can be made by appointment Monday-Friday. Go to https://vuadmissions.vinu.edu/campusvisit.aspx or call 800.742.9198.
☐ VU Scholarships
- If you completed the scholarship questions on the admissions application, don’t forget to send in your letters of reference to the Dayson Foundation Office.
- If not, go to my.vinu.edu/scholarships to fill out the application and view a complete scholarship listing. Submit the application by January 15 to meet our priority deadline and be in the running for most VU scholarships. After this date, scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis.
- Have a high school GPA of 3.0 or greater? You may qualify for our Academic Scholarships. Download the application at my.vinu.edu/scholarships.
- Majoring in Education? If so, fill out the Dorothy M. Walters Education Scholarship application at my.vinu.edu/scholarships.
☐ Parents/Guardians - Staying Connected
- Have your parent/guardian sign up for the Parent & Family Services e-newsletter at my.vinu.edu/web/parent-and-family-services/enews-setup.
- For more information go to my.vinu.edu/web/parent-and-family-services/home or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
☐ Apply for Housing
Learn about VU Housing at my.vinu.edu/housing-residential-life or call 800.742.9198.
- Print the contract, complete, and sign.
- Send in the contract along with $150 deposit (if applicable). Refundable until August 1, prior to the start of the fall semester, and December 15 prior to the start of the spring semester.
- Apply early. Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Room assignments are sent by email in mid-July to your MyVU account.
☐ Student Support Services - Ensuring Academic Success
- The Summer Bridge Program provides incoming and freshman-level students with a college orientation experience and the opportunity to get a head start on their academic goals. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/summer-bridge.
- Free tutoring is available to all students! Learn more at my.vinu.edu/labs-and-tutoring.
- Our Disability Services Office offers resources to help students overcome or compensate for obstacles related to a physical, emotional, learning, or other disability. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/disability-services.
- COPE Student Support Services (SSS) offers inclusive services to promote retention, graduation, and transfer to four-year institutions. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/cope.
- STEP - provides comprehensive services for learning challenged students in the university mainstream. For more information, visit my.vinu.edu/step.
☐ Immunization Record & Medical History/Physical Exam Form
- Send in your Immunization Record & Medical History/Physical Exam Form. You can find your immunization record on your high school transcript or at your local health department.
- According to Indiana law, immunization records are required of all students.
☐ Financial Aid
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana deadline for FAFSA is March 10 and our school code is 001843.
- Get started October 1 each year and apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Note: There is no application deadline for federal aid.
- For more information on student financial services, visit my.vinu.edu/financial-services or call 800.742.9198.
☐ Accuplacer - Placement Exam
- The Accuplacer is required for all students who have not successfully completed college English and math courses.
- Your Accuplacer scores will determine your initial classes for your first semester at VU. To better prepare, take a practice test, which can be found at my.vinu.edu/web/assessment-center.
- The Accuplacer takes approximately an hour and a half to complete; however, this is not a timed test and you may take more or less time, as you need.
- The Accuplacer can be taken at alternative locations. Go to my.vinu.edu/web/assessment-center or call 812-888-5404 for location information.
- If you require special accommodations for a disability, call VU’s Office of Disability Services at 812.888.4501 at least two weeks prior to the testing date to make arrangements.
☐ Attend START VU - Register for Classes
- START VU is our one-day registration program that begins in June for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester.
- Sign-up information will be sent in mid-May for the fall semester and in October for the spring semester.
- Accuplacer, our placement test, will be administered on campus during the START VU program.
- College Readiness - minimum scores are required to register for classes. More information at my.vinu.edu/web/admissions/minimum-college-readiness-scores.
- For more START VU information visit my.vinu.edu/start-vu.
More Helpful Information
- Online Catalog: http://catalog.vinu.edu.
- Course Schedule: my.vinu.edu/class-schedules.
- Calendar of Events: my.vinu.edu/student-calendar.
- Admission Requirements: my.vinu.edu/web/admissions/requirements.
- Registration Policy: my.vinu.edu/web/admissions/requirements.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 1.800.742.9198 or email@example.com and we will be happy to send you any necessary paperwork and/or applications.