- The following course/s will require your physical presence: ACCT 295 - Individual Income Tax Preparation
Funeral Service Education, AS-CT
- Distance Education students must complete a campus residency that includes up to 2 weeks at the Vincennes Campus to complete activities in the Restorative Art lab and a certification embalming at the campus or other selected sites. (The student is responsible for all expenses for traveling to and from the visit, as well as food and lodging expenses.)
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: FNRL 250L – Embalming II Laboratory
General Studies - Technology Apprenticeship Concentration, AS-CT
Health Information Management, AS-CT
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: HIMT 190 - Professional Practice, HIMT 240 - Professional Practice II (These course are only available in the Fall and Spring semesters for Distance Ed. students. Students will need to use different clinical sites for HIMT 190 and HIMT 240.)
Homeland Security and Public Safety, BS
- The following course will require your physical presence: HSPS 470: Internship in Public Safety. Additionally, HSPS 415: Intro to Terrorism and HSPS 490: Capstone in HSPS must be take in person if the student resides within 25 miles the Vincennes campus. (Unless an exception is approved by the Department Chair, Professor Lou Caprino)
Law Enforcement, AS-CT
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: LAWE 270 - Internship in Law Enforcement
Pharmacy Technology, AS-CT
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: PHRM 110 - Dispensing Lab I, PHRM 211 - Dispensing Lab II
Social Work, AS-T
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: SOCL 240 - Social Work Practice
- The following course/s will require your physical presence: TECH 310 - Tech Project Applications I, TECH 360 Tech Project Applications II
NOTE: The statements "physical presence" is referring to the following activities: Student Teaching, Internship, Externship, Clinicals, Practicum, or Field Experience. These degrees cannot be offered in states that considered the activities in red a physical presence in the state. Click here to see if your state is eligible: State Authorization
Students living in Knox County Indiana OR taking any class on the Main VU campus will need to take their exams in the Math Learning Center, Math Lab, in room G-7 of the McCormick Science Center on the Main VU campus. This is a math department rule.
Vincennes University Online
Vincennes University's Distance Education offers students the opportunity to pursue their education goals without having to spend extended periods of time on a college campus. Over 500 courses are offered through the Distance Education Program, with more than 20 degrees available entirely online. Students who need access to college courses and who need flexibility to accommodate busy schedules find Vincennes University's Distance Education Program to be the answer.
Bachelor of Science
Associate in Arts
Behavioral Sciences 1050, A.A.
Behavioral Sciences, Psychology Concentration 1053 A.A.
Behavioral Sciences, Sociology Concentration 1054, A.A.
Liberal Arts - Social Science Concentration 1450, A.A.
Associate of Applied Science Career/Tech
Computer Programming Technology 5450, A.S. Career/Tech
*Funeral Service Education 6050, A.S. Career/Tech
General Studies 2250, A.S. Career/Tech
General Studies - Business Studies 5900, A.S. Career/Tech
*General Studies - Technology Apprenticeship 8901, A.S. Career/Tech
*Health Information Management 6150, A.S. Career/Tech
Law Enforcement 7500, A.S. Career/Tech
*Pharmacy Technology 4832, A.S. Career/Tech
Associate of Science Transfer
Behavioral Sciences 1050, A.S. Transfer
Behavioral Sciences, Psychology Concentration 1053 A.S. Transfer
Behavioral Sciences, Sociology Concentration 1054, A.S. Transfer
Business Administration 5050, A.S. Transfer
Family And Consumer Sciences 2300, A.S. Transfer
General Studies 2250, A.S. Transfer
Information Technology 5510, A.S. Transfer
Law Enforcement 7500, A.S. Transfer
Liberal Arts - Social Science Concentration 1450, A.S. Transfer
*Social Work 1500, A.S. Transfer
Supply Chain Logistics Management 5405, A.S. Transfer
Certificate of Graduation
Certificates of Program Completion
Banking 5320, C.P.C.
*All degree requirements are not offered online.