Older adults, individuals with disabilities and their families often don't know where to turn when they need help. Our Aging & Disability Resource Center's Options Counselors work closely with our Case Managers to coordinate services that will help these individuals continue living on their own for as long as possible.
This team of professionals is here to help guide you through the system so you get the help you need. We are committed to linking our clients to community services through local providers and also monitoring those services. Our professional Case Managers will:
- Conduct an assessment of the individual's needs
- Develop a care plan to meet those needs.
- Determine eligibility for services and the feasibility for you or your family to pay for services
- Monitor the services once established
- Work with you and your family to make the best choices possible
Our Case Managers can help you make the difficult decisions that face older Americans. Case Management is organized to serve our clients using self-directed work teams. Each team has a team leader and shares client responsibilities within a fixed geographic area.
Case Management teams are made of a diverse group of professionals that:
- come from a variety of backgrounds, including nursing, social work, counseling and education.
- are responsible for consumer driven decision making and accountability, within the guidelines of Generations and funding sources accessed.
- are empowered to be decision makers to maximize the diversity of their talents
- promote continuity of care for consumers.
- promote flexibility and responsiveness within our service system and at the team level where consumer contact, care planning and monitoring occur on a daily basis
- work where they live.
- have local access to the local community.
The mission of Case Management is simple: Case Managers serve as navigators, guiding the elderly and disabled in their pursuit of services that will foster their independence, improve their quality of life, and allow them to maintain a safe living environment.
For more information, contact your Options Counselor at 800.742.9002.