Vincennes University provides a convenient means for accessing employment listings at Vincennes University. Please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department with questions regarding any of the positions listed. To further explore any of the job opportunities mentioned on this page, please send your resume to email@example.com.
All materials will be kept in strictest confidence. Vincennes University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Select Job Title:
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the position of Emergency Medical Services Program Director. This is a 9-month, non-tenure track position.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and will have a desire to build a strong Emergency Medical Services program. In addition to teaching, the person hired will be primarily responsible for maintaining EMS accreditation and will be responsible for program assessment. This person will participate in departmental, divisional, and university committee work, and will participate in recruitment and retention activities. This individual will be able to articulate an appreciation of a comprehensive and open-door community college.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field is required, but will consider a Bachelor’s degree in any field combined with the required experience indicated below (degree must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher education that is recognized by the US Dept. of Education)
- Master’s degree or higher in a health-related field preferred or a Master’s or higher degree in any field preferred; RN is a plus
- Primary Instructor certification required
- Minimum of 5 years of medical or allied health education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of current national curricula, accreditation and registration, as well as requirements for state certification or licensure
- Field experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a lecture teaching situation, in addition to a hands-on, clinical teaching situation; online teaching experience a plus
- Responsibility for administration, organization, and supervision of the academic and clinical aspects of the program, including appropriate preceptor orientation/training
- Prior program and/or course assessment experience a plus
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials of the candidate.
Candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
For more information and a full job description visit, www.vinu.edu/employment
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume with contact information for three references, transcripts, and professional certifications to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer