Zoology and Marine Biology Concentration
Zoology and Marine Biology are exciting fields that can lead to many career opportunities. Vincennes University’s degree in Zoology and Marine Biology transfers to a variety of programs in Indiana and also out of state. Your advisor will personalize your program to fit to the school you plan to transfer to. Students also get to explore the careers in these fields through trips to the Gulf Coast during Spring Break and Summer trips to places like Monterey Bay, the Virgin Islands, and the San Juan Islands with the Biology Club. Students will gain classroom and field experiences that will prepare them to work in a variety of related areas.
What You Will Study
In your VU classes, you will focus on fundamental skills such as:
- Ecological sampling
- Stream and lake sampling
- SCUBA certification
- Animal dissection
- Fisheries & Wildlife research
These are the foundations for laboratory and field study in these careers.
The VU Advantage
- Smaller class sizes, usually fewer than 35 students, which means easier access to laboratory equipment and professors.
- Classes and labs are conducted by qualified professors, not teaching assistants.
- A better opportunity to master the fundamental principles that will carry you through your upper level classes.
- Free tutoring.
- A study skills laboratory.
- Caring faculty with a personal approach to teaching.
Beginning positions for biology graduates include working in zoos, museums, nature centers, state parks, marine parks, fish hatcheries, animal parks, or high school teaching. Graduate training is generally necessary for advanced research.
Learn about the courses for this major.
For more information, please contact Professor Curt Coffman at 812-888-4373 or email@example.com.