Medical and Dental - Human Resources
2018 Medical Summary PPO 50
2018 Medical Summary PPO 75
2018 Dental Summary
2018 Medical Insurance Rates
2018 Dental Insurance Rates
Anthem Health Benefit Book - Active With Clinic Access
Anthem Health Benefit Book - Active Without Clinic Access
Anthem Health Benefit Book - Retires
Employee Change Form Application
Prescription Drug List
Anthem RX Direct Mail Order Form
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) 50
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) 75
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Retiree
Medical and Dental
Vincennes University recognizes that Group Health coverage is a key component of your total compensation package. Over the years we have attempted to preserve the value of that coverage, while at the same time being challenged with ever escalating health care plan cost.
Vincennes University offers full-time employees a PPO Health Insurance Plan through Anthem. Eligible employees can obtain coverage for yourself, your spouse and children. If you elect Medical coverage the premiums will be paid through a payroll deduction. Vincennes University covers 70% of the premium for this coverage. The employee is responsible for the remaining 30%. Our plan offers access to a very broad network of providers in Indiana through the Anthem Blue Access PPO network and out-of-state providers through Anthem’s Blue Card program. Please see the plan summary to determine specific benefits.
Employee coverage becomes effective on the first day of the month after the date of hire. Coverage is not activated until the employee's health plan enrollment form is received and processed. If an employee does not elect coverage during his hiring enrollment period, the employee can only enroll for coverage during an Open Enrollment period. Until health plan coverage is activated the employee may need to pay health care costs out-of-pocket and file claims once coverage is activated.
Employee coverage will terminate when:
- Employment terminates, or
- The employee ceases to be a member of the eligible class for coverage.
If an employee does not elect coverage for qualifying dependents during the hiring enrollment period, dependents can only enroll for coverage during an Open Enrollment period. Dependent coverage ends on the date the dependent no longer meets the criteria for dependent eligibility. Dependents may only be added or dropped during open enrollment or due to a qualifying event.
For information concerning opportunities for continuation of coverage in the event of lost health care coverage due to a change in employment, or the loss by a spouse or dependent of group health care coverage under an Vincennes University sponsored health care plan due to changes in family status, please refer to the information on COBRA.
Our coverage also includes 360 Degree Health programs to assist you. 360° Health offers support, resources and tools to help you live healthier. 360° Health brings all of the resources, tools and programs Anthem has to offer together in one place to help you and your family members:
Anthem 360 Degree Health Programs (available to all health care plan participants)
Gain a better understanding of your health, receive help in following your doctor's care plan, and learn how to better manage your health with the guidance of a dedicated nurse team and health professionals
Provides moms-to-be with telephone access to nurses to discuss pregnancy-related concerns. This program provides the education and tools to help track the pregnancy week-by-week and prepare for the baby.